Launch of the World Alliance of International Financial Centers
Luxembourg joins the World Alliance of International Financial Centers as founding member.
Having announced their strategic alliance in Paris on July 12, eleven financial centers launched the World Alliance of International Financial Centers (WAIFC) on October 1.
Financial centers are key to sustain economic growth. They provide the infrastructure for investment and savings that drives entrepreneurial endeavors and economic growth throughout industries and communities and they contribute more and more to sustainable development.
WAIFC aims to share best practices and cross fertilization between international financial centers and to develop the dialogue with public authorities at the international level.
WAIFC will be project driven and initially focus on concrete projects in the following areas:
- Data on financial centers
- Contribution of financial centers to green investment & infrastructure
- New Fintech developments
- The role of financial centers in the financing of the economy
The founding members of the new international non-profit association registered in Brussels are:
- Abu Dhabi Global Market
- Astana International Financial Centre Authority
- Belgian Finance Club
- Busan International Financial City Promotion Center, BEPA
- Casablanca Finance City Authority
- Frankfurt Main Finance
- Luxembourg for Finance
- Moscow: Analytical Centre Forum
- Oman: The Capital Market Authority
- Paris EUROPLACE
- Toronto Finance International